Employment Opportunity: Zoning Administrator- Full Time
Zoning Administrator – Full-Time
Oshtemo Township A progressive, growing community in the Southwest Michigan area, next to the city of Kalamazoo (https://www.discoverkalamazoo.com/) seeks a Zoning Administrator that under the general direction of the Township Supervisor and the direct supervision of the Planning Director, perform a variety of planning duties.
- Respond to inquiries from and provide assistance to public agencies, developers, and citizens regarding planning and zoning related issues.
- Assist applicants with relevant building permits and review applications.
- Review development proposals, as assigned, perform field inspections of development projects for conformance with approved plans and compliance with Township regulations.
- Assist Planning Director as Department liaison to Township boards and committees. This includes attending and presenting projects to the Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals, joint board meetings, and Township Board meetings on an as needed basis.
- Responsible for use of GIS to assist with analysis and presentation of information for Township projects.
As well as other duties specified by the Planning Director.
DRIVERS LICENSE REQUIREMENT: Must maintain a current Michigan motor vehicle operator’s license without restrictions (other than corrective lenses).
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Planning or related field, with coursework in GIS.
EXPERIENCE: At least one (1) year of zoning administration, or related experience.
These qualifications represent guidelines; alternative qualifications may be substituted if determined to be equivalent to perform the duties required by position.
Please submit your resume, College transcripts and a description of courses taken and/or experience with GIS by June 5, 2020. Compensation based upon experience.
Human Resources Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org