Employment Opportunity: Part Time Maintenance Position
OSHTEMO TOWNSHIP JOB POSTING
Part Time General Maintenance
Oshtemo Township is seeking an experienced candidate for the Part Time General Maintenance position.
SCOPE OF WORK
The assigned maintenance person will work with a team that has maintenance responsibilities for 12 buildings on 10 campuses including 3 fire stations, 3 cemeteries, 3 parks and 4 historical facilities. Jobs and projects are completed as a team as well as individual projects.
- Ability to solve problems and work independently.
- Practical knowledge of the following:
- Grounds keeping
- HVAC Systems
- Electrical Repairs
- Plumbing Repairs
- Servicing of facility systems and equipment
- Have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Shares relevant information with other departments, coordinating activity when appropriate.
TYPICAL ASSIGNMENTS: (but not limited to)
- Plowing lots and drives utilizing Pickup plow trucks
- Shoveling and snow blowing walks
- Ice melt application
- Mowing and trimming of properties including 2 parks
- Utilization of zero-turn mowers and walk behinds
- Maintenance and minor repairs of above equipment
- General landscaping and shrub maintenance
- Playground maintenance, surfaces and equipment
- Park, pavilion and picnic table maintenance
- Restroom maintenance
- Disk golf course maintenance
- Repairs to facilities including repairing drywall. Floorings, trims, door hardware, painting
- Electrical repairs: switches, receptacles, light fixtures
- Plumbing repairs: faucets, valves, restroom fixtures
- HVAC servicing and cleaning, minor repairs
- Special projects updating systems
- Must maintain a current Michigan motor vehicle operator’s license without restrictions (other than corrective lenses requirement)
- Basic computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Five (5) years maintenance-related work desired.
Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 02/28/21.