Frequently Asked Questions | Oshtemo Township

How do I contact police?

In the case of an emergency, dial 9-1-1.

For non-emergency police assistance, call 488-8911 to request an Oshtemo Deputy.

How do I report a streetlight that is out?

Contact Consumers Energy with the light’s location.

When do I appeal my property assessment?

Assessment notices are sent out in February each year. If you would like to question and/or appeal your assessment, you have 2 weeks to contact the Assessors’ Office at Oshtemo Township Hall at 269-216-5225.

Who does the road maintenance and snow plowing for my street?

Road Commission of Kalamazoo County

How do I report a pothole on my street? How do I report storm sewer drainage issue?

Road related issues or concerns on public roads, can be entered directly to the Road Commission of Kalamazoo County Service Request Page

If it is on a state road, contact MDOT’s Pothole Hotline at 888-296-4546 or got to MDOT’s Link

How do I recycle in Oshtemo?

Curbside through your contracted garbage collection company.

  • Republic 269-373-4070
  • Best Way Disposal 269-388-3300
  • Waste Management 866-797-9018

Contact Kalamazoo County for additional options.

When are taxes due?

Summer taxes are due September 14th every year, and Winter taxes are due February 14th every year.

How do I watch a Board Meeting?

Yes, click here to watch them on Public Media Network.

        Follow us on Facebook to view the live stream: 

Who Provides Cable Service?

The Township does not select or limit the number of cable providers/channels offered, nor regulate satellite services. Currently, four cable providers have franchises:

You can visit their websites to determine if they offer service at your address.

To report customer complaints or concerns, contact the Michigan Public Service Commission (MPSC) at 517-284-8100 or go to their website.

What can I bring to dump day?

Household junk. No yard waste, kitchen garbage, hazardous materials, or large quantity building materials will be accepted.

        Dump Days are 9 AM- 3 PM

2022 Dump Day Schedule


Where do I take oil, paint, batteries, computers, and other hazardous materials?

Kalamazoo County Household Hazardous Waste: 269-373-5211

        Click here to find out which items are accepted and which items are not accepted.

Where can I take old or expired medicine?

Walgreens safe medication disposal:

Red Med Box 

To view all locations, visit

Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety

E Crosstown Pkwy
Kalamazoo, MI 49001


Kalamazoo Sheriff’s Office

1500 Lamont Ave.
Kalamazoo Township, MI 49048

Who do I contact for needs related to public water and sanitary sewer? What do I do if I have water quality issues?

Kalamazoo City Utilities at 269-337-8148




Still have a question?  We’d love to help!  Click here for a full list of Department phone numbers and Township Officials or email us using the message form below:

Submit a General Inquiry

Oshtemo logo: 269-375-4260. 7275 W. Main St. Map to the Township Hall Oshtemo Township: Return to Home Page

Receive Oshtemo Township Updates

Sign up today to be e-mailed notifications of news and updates within the township.

**Please check your email to confirm your subscription to receive notifications from the Township. Thank you!

Upcoming Events

Notice Board

Township Board Meeting Dates Change Notice
Posted on May 10, 2022

Oshtemo Board Special Meeting
Posted on May 9, 2022

Oshtemo awarded Consumers Energy Planet Award
Posted on April 29, 2022

Sign up for our eNewsletter

Have a copy of the Oshtemo quarterly newsletter emailed to you instead of mailed - sign up today!

To continue to receive the newsletter in the mail, please call 269-216-5224 or email your request to the clerk's office with your name and address.

Upcoming Events