The Assessing Department consists of a MAAO Assessor and a MCAO Assistant Assessor. Some of our duties include the following:
- Keep records of all sales, Principle Residence Exemptions, and property characteristics, and analyze the local Real Estate Market.
- Appraise new or remodeled buildings within the Township.
- Prepare annual assessments, as prescribed and regulated by State Law.
- Appraise all Business Personal Property within the Township.
- Answer questions concerning and assist you in making Land Divisions for property tax purposes.
Forms you may find useful include:
- Property Tax Estimator
- Principal Resident Exemption Affidavit
- Principal Resident Exemption Rescind
- Property Transfer Affidavit
- PRE Active Duty Military Affidavit
- Conditional Rescission PRE
- Land Combination Application
- Land Re-description Application
- Land Division Application
- Military Exemption Application
- Guidelines for the Michigan Principal Residence Exemption Program
2021 Poverty Exemption Information & Application
- Poverty Exemption State Bulletin – 2021
- Poverty Exemption Taxpayer Fact Sheet – 2021
- Poverty Exemption Guidelines – 2021
- Poverty Exemption Application (Form 5737) – 2021
- Poverty Exemption Affirmation of Ownership (Form 5739) – 2021
- Poverty Exemption Affidavit (Form 4988) – 2021
The Assessing Staff includes:
- Kristine Biddle, Assessor
- Yale Smith, Assistant Assessor
OFFICE / MAILING ADDRESS / EMAIL ADDRESS
7275 W. Main Street, Kalamazoo MI 49009 at the corner of 7th Street
Telephone: 269-216-5225 | Fax: 269 375-7180 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org